Weekly School News
Weekly school news will be posted on this page as well as included in the Basilica of
St. Michael Church bulletin.
Saint Michael Catholic School News: Faith, Family, & Future
Week of August 13, 2017
- In celebration for the opening of the new school year, we are hosting a “School Family Potluck Luncheon” on
Sunday, August 27 immediately following the 10:30 am Mass. We are looking forward to an afternoon of
fellowship and comradery. Paper products, drinks, and chicken will be provided by the school. We are asking
each family to donate a covered dish and/or dessert for the luncheon.
- The eighth grade yearbooks are printed and ready for pick up. You may pick them up between the hours of
8AM and NOON on Monday, August 14th, Friday August 18th, or Monday, August 21st as we will be out of the
office attending meetings the other days. Please call the school office if other arrangements
need to be made.
- Volunteers are needed to assist in the cafeteria, library, and during recess. Anyone interested in
sharing their time and talents is urged to join our school family! All volunteers are subject to
clearances and successfully completing our diocesan online “Youth Protection Program.” If interested
please contact the school office @ 472-9117 to obtain additional information. Before anyone can volunteer,
all paperwork must be submitted to the school office in order to be in compliance.
- We will be implementing an “Afterschool Kid Care Program” to assist our families with their child
care needs throughout the school year. The program is set to begin the first day of school. If you are
interested in this service, please contact the school office. Registration forms will not be available
until Wednesday, August 16th.
- A “Meet the Teacher” night for all students will be held on Monday, August 21st, from 6-7:30PM.
Please plan on attending so that your child has an opportunity to meet their teacher and get acquainted
with their classroom. Bus transportation information will also be available for all students. Bus tags
for our kindergarten students will be available for pick up in their classroom. Looking
forward to seeing you!
- Classes will begin on Wednesday, August 23rd for all grades kindergarten through eighth.
Students need to arrive by 8:25AM. If your child(ren) need to arrive prior to 7:30AM, please contact the
school office to make arrangements.
- The first day of school will be celebrated with a “Back to School Picnic.” The menu includes: hot dogs,
fresh fruit, chips, sundae bar, and a drink. Lunch will cost $1.00. Please do not include the dollar with
your regular lunch money payment. An extended recess will follow to give the students an opportunity
to get reacquainted with their classmates.
- Be safe and enjoy these last few weeks of summer vacation! Looking forward to your return to
Saint Michael School!